9 DIY Home Remedies for Relieving Itchy Mosquito Bites
There are few things peskier in the summer than an unexpected mosquito bite swelling up on your arms and legs. Fortunately, there are many ways to heal your body of its annoying itch, ranging from fruit (lemon slices and banana peels) to common household items (baking soda and apple cider vinegar).
So the next time you are bitten by a mosquito, raid your refrigerator, kitchen pantry, or medicine cabinet for a quick and easy DIY remedy that requires no extra trip to the pharmacy.
- Lemon slice: Apply directly to the affected area.
- Aspirin: Crush tablets and add to water to form an anti-itching paste, then spread on bite.
- Apple cider vinegar: Rub a little directly on the bite.
- Peppermint toothpaste: Dab on the bite area and let sit for awhile.
- Table salt: After moistening bite area with water, rub the salt on.
- Banana peel: Rub the itchy area with the pulpy inside surface of the peel.
- Baking soda: Just like with aspirin, add to water to make a paste, then spread on bite area.
- Ammonia: Dab a little on and let sit.
- Lavender + tea tree oil: Mix together essential oils of both together and apply to itchy area.
None of these work for you? Check out my followup illustration for 9 more home remedies for mosquito bites. Also, to avoid future mosquito run-ins before you get bit, check out the article linked below.