Have you come down with the dreaded common cold during the holiday season? While it is always recommended to rest your body, drink a lot of water and eat chicken soup, some of the less common home remedies listed below may also help expedite the recovery process.
If chicken soup isn't really your thing, how about a bottle of kombucha? Adding probiotics to your diet is good for your health anyway, and consuming probiotics during a period of sickness may help give your body the immune system boost that it needs.
For other common cold home remedies, try ground black pepper, coconut oil, and fermented cod liver oil. If you have a raw red onion and some honey lying around, you can also create some onion honey syrup to soothe your sore throat and treat your other cold symptoms.
For more common cold home remedies, check out 7 Home Remedies for Relieving Common Cold Symptoms and 8 More Home Remedies for Relieving Common Cold Symptoms. And to avoid catching a cold in the first place, read 12 Valuable Tips to Avoid Catching a Cold.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades