If you love the creamy flavor of mashed potatoes, but need a healthier option to appease your health-conscious relatives this Thanksgiving, try making mashed cauliflower, mashed celery root, or mashed carrots and parsnips using a food processor and seasonings of your choice.
While some of us can't imagine a Thanksgiving dinner without stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, and other classic side dishes, sometimes changing things up can be a very delicious thing. Instead of cranberry sauce, how about apricot relish or wine-poached pears? Or, instead of green bean casserole, how about bacon-wrapped green beans or roasted Brussels sprouts?
Whatever you decide to do, make sure you also have a backup emergency plan for potential Thanksgiving cooking disasters.
Got your own spin-offs on Thanksgiving side dishes? Share with us.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades