To make yourself a tasty meal during a camping trip, all you need are chopped up raw meats and vegetables, glowing embers, and a roll of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Simply place ingredients in a tightly wrapped aluminum foil packet, place on hot embers, and wait until everything inside is fully cooked.
If you can't miss out on bacon and eggs for breakfast, cook them in a paper bag over an open fire. Or if you want something with more starch, make yourself some bannock using flour and water. You could also wrap pre-made biscuit mix around a hot dog on a skewer.
If you're more of the hunter and gatherer type, you can also cook slabs of raw fish or raw game meat over a clean flat rock that has been preheated by fire.
Also, it's always good to know that in a pinch, you can cook eggs in an emptied-out orange peel.
Got your own tips for cooking out in the wilderness with minimal cooking equipment? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades