Thanksgiving is almost here, so now is the perfect time to figure out how you're going to cook that Turkey Day bird for dinner. Choosing a high-quality turkey is important, but if you haven't even gotten yours yet, the pickings may be slim, so do the best you can.
Brining the turkey (make sure it is not already pre-brined) 8 to 16 hours before cooking helps moisten and flavor the meat when it's roasting in the oven. You do not need a turkey baster, but you should definitely invest in a meat thermometer so you don't have to constantly open and close the oven, which will end up drying out the turkey meat.
Other tips? Place an ice pack on the turkey breast for 15 minutes before roasting in the oven so that the white meat doesn't get overcooked, which is a common Thanksgiving cooking problem. And if you want to cut the roasting time significantly and presentation isn't a priority, spatchcocking the turkey is a great technique that will ensure moist, crispy skin.
Got your own personal tips for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving turkey? Share with us!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades