Need to get a painful splinter out of your skin? Apply some bacon grease onto the affected area and place a band-aid on it overnight. The bacon grease will soften the skin tissue and draw out the splinter, making it easier to remove with tweezers the next day.
After cooking your bacon in a pan, simply strain the leftover grease through a paper towel into a glass jar and store in a refrigerator for up to six months. In addition to healing your splinter wounds, bacon grease is also great for seasoning your cast iron skillet, making a fire starter, attracting birds to your backyard garden, and making pretty much everything you cook taste more delicious.
If you're ever in need of a DIY emergency oil lamp, place a natural fiber wick inside some bacon grease and cool in a refrigerator. Light the wick when needed and enjoy the smell of bacon in the candle glow.
Got your own favorite uses for bacon grease? Share with us?
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades