Is your throat feeling a little sore? Think you may be coming down with a cold? Mix together milk and a teaspoon of turmeric in a pot and heat until it's hot, then pour into a cup to drink. Heated milk and turmeric is a common Indian home remedy for colds, as turmeric contains many anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
If drinking milk and turmeric does not sound like your cup of tea, you can also drink a bowl of chicken soup, clearing your blocked nasal passageways with a neti pot, and elevating your head at night with an extra pillow to help clear your congestion.
For more cold-related help, check out my previous guide on home remedies for relieving common cold symptoms. If you want to lessen your chance of getting sick in the first place, check out my tips to avoid catching a cold.
Got your own favorite home remedies for relieving common cold and flu symptoms? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades