If you missed out on the Chia Pet craze from the '80s and '90s, don't worry—it's never too late to build and make your own weirdly head-shaped thing with grass hair growing on top.
Using potting soil, chia seeds, an old nylon stocking, an empty terracotta pot, and a little imagination, you can grow your own chia pet (or chia head) without ordering one from a TV infomercial.
Soak some chia seeds in water overnight and place inside the toe of a knee-high nylon or cut-off nylon pantyhose leg. Add potting soil until it forms a ball and tie the top of the nylon into a knot. Place the soil ball, knot-side-down, into a terracotta pot and decorate with rubber bands and googly eyes into an animal or face.
Once you're done with that, place your chia pet on a sunny windowsill and spray frequently with water using a spray bottle. Wait for the seeds to grow and trim as needed.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades