Was it your New Year's resolution to quit smoking this year? Whether you are a first-time quitter or a chronic relapser, this is the year to kick this unhealthy habit for good.
Like with any bad habit you want to break, the first important step is to make an honest, specific list of why you want to quit this habit. In the case of smoking, your list of reasons can include better health, a decreased probability of getting cancer or another disease, whiter teeth, a lesser chance of getting wrinkles, and wanting to live a longer and healthier life.
Whether you choose to use a nicotine patch or quit cold turkey, the next important step is to have replacement habits for your regular smoking ritual. Be prepared with a list of alternate options every time you feel the urge to smoke a cigarette; like going for a walk, drinking a glass of water, or even playing a computer game of solitaire.
Once you decide to quit, keep on not smoking. If you relapse, just try again.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades