If you want to succeed at your New Year's resolution, stop thinking of it as a resolution. Instead, frame your resolution as a daily, manageable habit you want to develop into you day-to-day life.
Don't think in vague terms like "I want to lose weight" or "I want to become fluent in Mandarin." Instead, think more in terms of quantifiable micro-goals, like "I will walk 10,000 steps a day and measure that with my pedometer" or "I will learn 50 new words a day on my language app."
Other tips? Publicize your goal among your family and friends, and if it is possible, make your resolution a group effort you can share with a buddy. Anticipate self-sabotage and create weekly, quarterly or monthly reviews so you will always be on track even if you are at the end of March and the new-year high has worn off.
Got your own personal tips or success stories for achieving New Year's resolutions? Share with us. And Happy New Year!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades