Statistics show that only 8% of New Year's resolutions on January 1st actually get fulfilled. While you can certainly take advantage of some mind hacks to increase the probability of succeeding at your January resolutions for the rest of the year, setting killjoy goals and signing up for a gym membership are not the only ways to ring in the new year.
Instead of setting New Year's resolutions, how about writing a letter for your future self to open exactly a year from now? Or creating a general theme, catchphrase, or word that will set the tone for 2016? Or instead of constantly reaching for an idealized future, writing down a list of everything that you are truly grateful for right this moment?
For a more action-oriented ritual that does not involve goals, donate to a charity or cleanse your living space of everything that is no longer relevant or useful for your current life.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades