If you want to avoid the hassle of going out on New Year's Eve, you can always host your own New Year's Eve celebration at home—and it doesn't have to cost a lot, either.
A few basic tips: Host your party after dinnertime so guests don't expect full entrees. Limit your guest list and make it a BYOB potluck-style gathering so you don't have to spend too much on alcohol and party food. And since some fizzy drink is expected at most New Year's Eve gatherings, you can opt for cava or prosecco instead of champagne for a cheaper alternative that most people probably won't notice when they drink it.
To add a little New Year's Eve pizzaz without breaking the bank, simply decorate the walls with white Christmas lights and set up some tea light candles. To go the extra mile, decorate desserts with edible glitter and make some fun DIY headgear for your guests to wear.
Got your own tips for hosting a cheap and DIY NYE party? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades