Quitting a bad habit is not as straightforward as simply quitting cold turkey and getting it right the first time. So what to do if you really want to quit doing something that isn't good for you?
First of all, focus on quitting one bad habit at a time. While it's admirable that you want to quit smoking, stop biting your nails and avoid eating sugary snacks after midnight, trying to quit all three habits simultaneously will definitely stress you out and probably not work.
Anticipate the initial difficulties but trust that it will get easier. Enlist in the help of friends. Be extremely conscious of the emotional, physical and geographical triggers that make you want to indulge in your bad habit.
Finally, don't be too hard on yourself if you don't succeed the first time. Just pick up from where you started and don't forget to reward yourself for trying again.
Got your own tips or stories for quitting a bad habit? Share with us in the comment below!
Click on image to enlarge.
NOTE: For severe addictions such as drugs and alcohol, it is advised to seek professional help.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades