To make your own sweetened condensed milk at home, all you need are milk, sugar, butter, and about two hours of your time.
Simply place milk and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a very low simmer for about two hours until liquid volume is reduced by half. Mix in a tablespoon of butter and remove pot from heat until milk has thickened to desired consistency. Use right way or place in a container with lid in refrigerator until ready to use.
Condensed milk can be used as a topping for toast, coffee, ice cream, and shaved ice, and can also be used for a number of dessert recipes. For a healthier alternative, you can replace milk with coconut milk and sugar with coconut sugar.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades