Iced coffee may not be as simple as brewing hot coffee and sticking it in the fridge until it cools down, but it's still very simple to make if you plan ahead.
Simply mix together 1 part ground coffee (coarsely ground, full-bodied dark roasts work best) with 4.5 parts filtered water at room temperature in a large pitcher or container. Cover the opening in plastic wrap and allow for the mixture to cold-brew for about 12 hours in the refrigerator.
Once the mixture is done brewing, strain the liquid through a sieve lined with coffee filters, a cheesecloth, or a French press, which will then become your iced coffee concentrate. Dilute your iced coffee concentrate with three parts filtered water (or whatever ratio you prefer) and you're ready to drink up!
If you like ice cubes in your iced coffee, but don't like how the melted ice dilutes the flavor, make your own using coffee instead in an ice tray ahead of time.
Got your own tips for making your own iced coffee? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades