Though making hot chocolate out of instant mix is pretty easy, there is no comparison when it comes to making your own homemade hot chocolate out of quality dark chocolate bars, whole milk, brown sugar, and your own favorite fresh spices.
Simply chop up a bar or two of your favorite high-quality dark chocolate bar into small pieces with a knife. Set aside and heat whole milk combined with a pinch of salt and about a tablespoon of brown sugar in a pan until it starts bubbling at the edges. Whisk in chocolate pieces until smooth and steaming hot.
Pour hot chocolate into mug and relish with whipped cream, candy canes, marshmallows, or whatever else you like to add.
Need an extra alcoholic kick with your cup full of warm chocolatey goodness? Check out my post on 8 Hot Holiday Alcoholic Drink Recipes to Warm Your Spirit, which includes a recipe for hot chocolate peppermint Schnapps.
Got your own favorite techniques for making your own hot chocolate at home? Share with us.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades