Good posture is more important than pleasing your mother. A lifetime of bad posture basically ensures spine complications, back pain, muscle aches, and other not-so-pleasant physical health problems.
So how about taking a literal stand to improve and maintain a good posture for the rest of your life? Stand straight and get someone to make a duct-tape X on your bare back. Anytime you start slouching, the duct tape will start tugging at your skin and give you a slightly painful reminder to keep your back straight like your mother said.
If duct-taping your back is simply out of the question, you can try other simple tricks to maintain a good posture. Visualize an invisible balloon tugging up your spinal cord anytime you find yourself slouching. Exercise your core muscle groups and practice yoga. Invest in a standing station.
Also, people with good posture naturally exude more confidence. More reason to always walk like you have a book balanced on your head.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades