Are you sitting down as you read this? You might want to stand up for a little bit.
In case you haven't heard, sitting for prolonged periods of time is really bad for your long-term health—so bad that chronic sitters are 54% more likely to die of a heart attack, even if they are non-smokers or regular exercisers.
So what to do if you spend the majority of your day sitting for work or school? See if you can install a standing desk station for your office or home. Think on your feet when you are on long conference calls. Find every possible excuse and opportunity to stand up and move around.
During your precious free time, find hobbies that don't involve sitting for prolonged periods of time. You have plenty of activities to choose from if you prioritize spending more time in the offline world. Though, if you can't imagine a life without video games, at least choose the ones that make you jump around and dance in front of the screen for points.
Got your own tips to minimize sitting time during your day? Share with us by commenting below.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades