If you ever end up with an excess of raw eggs in your refrigerator, but don't know how to use them all up before their expiration date, the solution is simple. Hard-boil and peel them, place them in a sterilized jar, add pickling brine solution, and store in the refrigerator for up to one month—even more.
To make the brine, all you need are water, vinegar, sugar, canned beets, a medium-sized onion, and other seasonings of your choice. Place in saucepan and heat until boiling and then simmer for 5 minutes before removing from heat and pouring into the jar with the hard-boiled and peeled eggs.
Take note that depending on your personal taste preference, countless recipe variations exist on the internet and beyond for making the brine solution to pickle your eggs. For example, you can make brine solutions that include curry powder, pineapple chunks, and spicy peppers.
Got your own favorite recipes and tricks for making pickled eggs? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades