Got pesky weeds in your garden? Rather than stocking up on toxic weed killers from your local gardening store, you probably already have everything you need to kill weeds in your kitchen or living room.
Boiling water for pasta or potatoes? Rather than dumping the water out, simply use the leftover water to pour directly over the offending weeds in your garden.
You can also use salt, vinegar, baking soda, or even a potent mixture of vodka, dishwashing soap, and water to kill weeds. For most of these cases, just make sure to apply directly onto the weeds and to not get them onto other beneficial plants in your backyard or garden.
Pro tip: for a more effective weed-killing technique, you can combine different methods, like salting the base of a weed plant and smothering it with sheets of old newspaper.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades