Now that we are in the thick of flip-flop and sandal weather, it is important to make sure that you are taking good care of your feet. Specifically, to treat the bottom of your heels if they are starting to get cracked and dry.
Cracked heels can occur when the bottom of your feet are not properly moisturized on a regular basis, especially if you are taking very long hot baths or showers. They can also be caused by mundane reasons such as dehydration, cold dry weather, and using harsh, drying soaps on your feet, or they can be a sign of a more serious health condition such as diabetes. Leaving your cracked, dry heels untreated can lead to painful fissures, which can impair your ability to walk and even lead to serious infections.
Thankfully, a number of cheap and easy DIY home remedies exist for treating the bottom of your heels. One common solution is to exfoliate dry skin from your heels with hot water and a pumice stone. Another easy solution is to rub vegetable oil, coconut oil, or Vicks VapoRub onto your heels, cover your feet with clean white socks, and leave on overnight.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades