What should you do when you're confronted with a mind-numbingly boring task that simply needs to be done?
First things first, rather than letting the boring task stretch indefinitely, give yourself a specific time frame to finish it, whether it's 10 minutes on a kitchen timer or a specific 2-hour block. By making the boring task a finite time, it will be a less bitter pill to swallow.
- Don't Miss: How to Deal with Anxiety
If you can't make your task more stimulating, then at least make your environment stimulating with a new workspace or a new music playlist. Even if filling out forms or photocopying is a pain, see the greater purpose of your task, or at least the silver lining of how this will help you in future job-related endeavors.
To make your boring task more bearable, have something fun to do immediately afterward so that you are motivated to get it completely done and out of your brain space when you get to do said fun activity.
Finally, practice some Mindfulness 101 and turn your boring task into a meditative, even transcendent experience. Who would have thought washing dishes or sorting through your business receipts could be so enlightening?
Got your own tips for making a boring task bearable? Share with us. (Click on the image to enlarge.)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades