Back in the '80s, NASA and the Associated Landscape Contractors of America did a study where they discovered which houseplants were the most effective in purifying the air in space facilities. Though you may not be living in a rocket ship, you can definitely benefit from having one or more of these plants in your home.
All of these indoor plants have been found to filter out common volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which can come from paints, cleaning supplies, pesticides, building materials, furnishings, and other common household products.
- Don't Miss: How to Care for Air Plants (& Decorate with Them)
- Don't Miss: 6 DIY Tips for Watering Houseplants While on Vacation
Take note that some plants are easier to care for than others, and you should fully research the plant before taking them home, as some plants (such as the heartleaf philodoendron) can be toxic for pets or small children if accidentally consumed.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades