However much you love your summer barbecue parties, you probably won't be going through your entire bag of charcoal briquettes anytime soon. So, take advantage of your charcoal excess by putting them to good use in other ways!
Charcoal briquettes are great for removing excess moisture and musty odors from your bathroom, closet, attic, basement, and bookshelves. Simply place on a metal tray, in an empty coffee can with holes punched in the lid, or hang them inside old pantyhose.
Need to keep your cut flowers fresh? Place a charcoal lump beneath the cut stems to keep the vase water clean and clear.
In the garden, charcoal is great for adding carbon to your compost and keeping your soil moist. For a temporary furniture scratch fix, fill in scratch on dark wood furniture or floor with charcoal.
Take note: these charcoal briquette uses are for natural lump variety made of hardwood without mesquite or easy-light additives.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades