If you're in a social situation where you're meeting a lot of new people and you want to make the other person feel at ease, subtly mirror the other person's body language and make a point to say the other person's name.
Studies have shown that these subtle tricks can help the other person feel socially comfortable around you even if they've just met you.
While it is impossible to please everybody, being seen as a generally likable, pleasant person has many professional and social benefits. They range from having more career opportunities in the work place to simply having a more enriching life full of lasting friendships and interesting conversations with strangers you may never see again.
Got your own personal tips for becoming a more likable, sociable person? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades