If you're tired of using the same old ornaments on your Christmas tree year after year, then it's time to experiment with borax snowflakes. It's not only a fun decoration to make, it's a great science project to try out with family and friends. All you need for to make DIY crystal snowflakes at home are pipe cleaners, borax, a wide-mouth jar, string, a pencil, and boiling water.
- Don't Miss: 8 Alternative Ways to Decorate Using Christmas Lights
- Don't Miss: 8 Crafty Ways to Reuse Old Ornaments & Decorations
Simply cut pipe cleaners into small pieces and fashion them together into a snowflake shape. Then fill a jar with a solution of borax and boiling water, and suspend your pipe cleaner formation into the jar using string and a pencil.
Let the jar sit overnight and allow crystals to form on surface of your snowflake-shaped pipe cleaners. Remove from solution and let it dry before using as indoor Christmas decoration.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades