The process is simple: simply sand down one side of a penny with sandpaper (be careful not to scratch your fingers) until its zinc core is exposed. Repeat for five other pennies.
Afterwards, soak penny-sized paper towel disks in lemon juice (add a dash of salt) for ten minutes. Then, create a multi-layered battery alternating between sandpapered pennies and lemon juice-soaked paper towels, with the zinc side of the pennies all facing the same way.
For other variations, you can use cardboard in lieu of paper towels or salt water in lieu of lemon juice.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades