You may be surprised to know that the wildly popular and seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks actually does not contain any pumpkin in its ingredients. That, and making your own pumpkin spice latte at home is actually not very difficult at all.
To make the pumpkin spice syrup, all you need are sugar, cinnamon sticks, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. Simmer all the ingredients, strain through a fine mesh strainer (or a cheesecloth), and refrigerate in an airtight container (like a mason jar) until cool.
Once you are ready to make the latte, heat up whole milk and blend for extra frothiness. Add a tablespoon or two of your homemade pumpkin spice syrup and top with espresso or strong brewed coffee. Garnish with whipped cream and more pumpkin spice.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades