Are you tempted to splurge over your budget on an expensive restaurant meal or cool new jacket? Before you make an impulse purchase, imagine how much that indulgence costs in terms of hours of work based on your current salary.
If that doesn't deter you from going through with the purchase, pay in cash; studies show that people who pay things in cash rather than credit cards are far more likely to see their money as a limited scarcity as opposed to an abstract, endless supply.
You can also turn saving money into something that's actually fun using money gamification apps such as SaveUp or SmartyPig. For super-easy ways to save money, you can also negotiate a better deal with your service providers, use cheap household products (like baking soda, olive oil, and white vinegar) for nearly all of your home cleaning uses, and simply make more coffee at home as opposed to going to a Starbucks every single day.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades