Despite the tremendous increase in recycling programs across the states, 136 million tons of municipal solid waste still ends up in landfills. So, the next time you throw away something, conjure up your DIY spirit and ask that trash, "Are you really trash, or just the beginning of my next ingenious project?"
If your favorite umbrella gets broken beyond repair, salvage its waterproof fabric and turn it into a cute tote bag, a backpack honcho, or a mini-raincoat for your toy poodle. Same with turning broken pencils into stuck zipper fixers, worn-out books into e-book reader cases, or chairs with missing legs into a handy floating shelf or bathroom towel rack.
A broken item doesn't automatically mean a trip to the dumpster, and a broken mirror doesn't mean seven years of bad luck. Salvage the broken pieces to transform the surface of your dull picture frame into a beautiful mosaic pattern.
Got your own tricks for turning broken things into cool and useful things? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades