If you love the digital convenience of ebooks but miss the analog tangibility of physical books, then this DIY cover is for you. It will work with pretty much any Kindle, Nook, tablet, or e-reader, and only requires a hardcover book, an elastic band, and some simple craft supplies.
The hardest step is probably finding the perfect hardback book that's the right size and thickness for your specific device, as well as matches your personality best. You can find one in thrift stores, used bookstores, Amazon, or even your neglected bookshelf. Once you have a book in hand, putting the case together with cardboard, fabric, elastic straps, and thread is a relatively straightforward process.
- Don't Miss: 12 Crafty Uses for Those Old Books on Your Bookshelf
- Don't Miss: How to Make a Super Secret Book Safe
If you want a more hollowed-out look and feel, check out this how-to for instructions. The only issue with a hollowed-out case/cover is that side and back buttons are harder to press, in which case this simpler version might be better for you.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades