Are ants invading your living space? Start peeling some raw onions. Or add a sprinkle of black pepper to your floor and countertops. Or make yourself some coffee and sprinkle the leftover coffee grounds in areas where ants have been spotted. Somewhere in your pantry shelf or refrigerator, you probably have at least one of the many possible ingredients for repelling ants that doesn't involve reaching for the toxic bug spray.
Like with any DIY bug or pest control, prevention is key. Keep your home and kitchen as clean as possible to make it less appealing for ants to troll around in. When you clean countertops and floor, spray the surface with dishwashing soap and water and wipe; ants are prone to avoid surfaces if there is a slight soapy residue on them.
Take note that results vary widely for all of these DIY methods, so if one method doesn't work for you, try another or a combination of different techniques to keep ants away from your home.
What DIY methods for ant control have worked best for you? Share with us by commenting below!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades