'Tis the season to get crafty with maple leaves. Rather than buying fake maple leaves from the craft store, save real-life maple leaves you find on the ground outdoors using one of the following preservation techniques below.
You can preserve maple leaves by fusing them between two sheets of wax paper with an iron, soak the maple leaves in a solution of liquid glycerin and water, or simply microwave the maple leaves and spray them with hairspray afterwards.
You can also put your thick, run-down encyclopedia to good use by pressing maple leaves between the pages.
Make sure you use fresh, pliable maple leaves, though, as old, crumbly maple leaves won't work for these preservation techniques.
After you have finished with the preservation process, you can use these maple leaves to decorate your scrapbook, decorate around the home, and make long-lasting maple leaf rose bouquets.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades