Let's face it: most commercial bathroom products are overpriced and loaded with weird chemicals. So how about a 2012 resolution to go completely DIY with two bathroom essentials many of us use on a daily basis: toothpaste and shaving cream?
Going DIY with shaving cream is ridiculously easy. Basically, most common household products (that are non-toxic to your skin, of course) that have a similar consistency to shaving cream or lather like soap will work splendidly as shaving cream alternatives. If you want to go completely natural when it comes to the substances you slather on your face, many oils (apricot oils, olive oil, almond oil) and shea butter are eco-friendly and work great. Experiment to see which ones you like the best.
If you are wary of the usage of fluoride in commercial toothpastes, go au naturale by assembling your own homemade toothpaste. All of your ingredients can probably be found in one trip to your local drug store, and the finished product can be easily stored in a small airtight jar.
Click on the image below to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades