Just like it's hard to fall asleep when it's too hot in bed, it's difficult for some to fall asleep when it's really cold. Avoid this unpleasant scenario by investing in a heated mattress pad so that by the time you are ready to check out for bedtime, your bed and blankets are already toasty.
For a more DIY approach, use a heated water bottle and heated fabric pads filled with uncooked rice or beans and place them under your blankets before bedtime.
Additionally, cover your head and feet and eat a high-fat, high-calorie snack (like cottage cheese and peanut butter) before bed, which will help warm your body while you are sleeping.
For more tips on staying warm during the wintertime, check out my previous post, 9 DIY Tips for Staying Warm in the Winter.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades