How do you clean the blades of a ceiling fan without potentially hurting yourself? For an easy solution, simply use a stepladder and a pillowcase. Encase one blade of a ceiling fan with a clean pillowcase, and then pull the pillowcase towards you, which removes dust from the top of the blade and brings dust down into the pillowcase. Turn fan and repeat for every blade until the entire ceiling fan is clean.
Read below for instructions on cleaning other hard-to-clean areas of your home, like behind your refrigerator, high ceilings, window blinds, and bathroom exhaust fans. For info on how often you should be cleaning in some of these areas, check out my cleaning frequency chart.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades