Don't toss out those cardboard tubes just yet. Whenever you have one leftover from a roll of paper towels, toilet paper, or wrapping paper, hang on to it, because it's got some great DIY potential.
Cardboard tubes of all sizes can be handy for a variety of uses, from storing plastic grocery bags to keeping your boots upright to prevent creasing. You can also store your sharp knives safely, keep important documents clean and dry, and give your beloved hamster a fun tunnel to crawl through.
- Don't Miss: 18 Ingenious Uses for Ordinary Binder Clips
During the holiday season, toilet paper rolls are great for making holiday crackers, and gift wrap tubes are the perfect length for keeping your Christmas lights tangle-free.
If none of these interest you and you must toss out that cardboard tube, recycle it. Better yet, compost it— cardboard is actually very useful for aerating your compost.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades