To decrease the possibility of breaking your glass dinner plates while moving into a new home, stack them vertically inside a box like vinyl records instead of horizontally like a stack of pancakes.
If you're an office supplies nerd, here's the perfect excuse to buy different-colored rolls of tape: Color-code your boxes by the room that they belong in so when you start unpacking, you can save yourself a lot of time by unloading the boxes to their respective rooms before opening them.
Other tips for making your moving process a breeze? Get moving boxes for free on Craigslist. Label all your wires and take pictures before unplugging your electronic appliances. Use a bread tab to mark the end of clear packing tape so you aren't always searching for the cut-off end.
Last but not least? Asking your friends to help you move is a great way to save money. Just make sure everything is all packed up into their respective boxes and ready to move once your friends arrive to help you out.
Got your own tips and tricks for an efficient move? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades