Most bouts of hiccups tend to go away on their own, but every so often there's that stubborn hiccuping fit that seems to last for hours. In these cases, you have to get creative and nip them in the bud by trying a few simple home remedies.
So, the next time you're about to give a big presentation and you can't make your hiccuping go away, drink a mouthful of water and bend at the waist completely while sitting down so that you swallow your water upside down. Repeat several times until hiccups are completely gone.
For a more tastier remedy, you can eat a big spoonful of peanut butter or a teaspoon of sugar. Or, you can completely repulse yourself into not hiccuping by eating a spoonful of vinegar or biting into a lemon wedge with a dash of sugar and bitters on top.
Other weird tactics? Drink water through a glass with a paper towel on top. Drink water through a straw while plugging your nostrils and ears. Or, assuming you don't have any heart problems, enlist the help of a family or a friend to scare the daylights out of you.
Got your own DIY remedies for hiccups? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades