DIY Contest Entry: Putting Pennies to Good Use
It'd be nice to see what a penny will buy these days. Maybe you could draw something showcasing the many uses still available today for a penny (if any). With gas prices rising, it'd be nice to know you can still get something out of one cent.
- Make a wish in a fountain (does a penny still buy a wish?)
- Board game piece (better than buying the whole thing over again)
- Tire tread checker (we all know this one, hopefully)
- Fabric weights (for keeping curtains and other hanging things straight)
- Lottery ticket scratcher (thought I prefer knives)
- Use as a golf ball marker (cheaper than a quarter)
- Make a radio (???)
Here are some other useful ideas:
And maybe list some of the uses we all wish actually worked:
- Suck on a penny to beat a lie detector test (is this true?)
- Suck on a penny to beat a breathalyzer test (eh, doubt it works)
But what I'd really like to know are the odd uses... something I would probably never use, but would like to know I could if need be.