While it is common knowledge that peanut butter can help ease chewed-up gum out of your hair, what happens if you don't have any peanut butter—or you have somehow gotten gum stuck on your shoes, clothes, or carpet?
If the stick of gum you've been chewing on somehow got transferred from your mouth into your hair, you can use vaseline, mayonnaise, egg whites, and even Coke to remedy the problem. For gum that has gotten stuck somewhere else, WD-40 spray, heated white vinegar, lemon juice, ice cubes, or a blow-dryer are one of several options you can choose from to unstick your sticky problem.
Especially with clothing or carpet, make sure to do a post-cleanup with laundry detergent, on-the-spot cleaners, or warm soap and water to make sure you have thoroughly cleaned out any additional stains or remaining gum bits.
Got your own experiences with removing gum from unwanted places? Share with us by commenting below.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades