Using black walnuts, boiling water and a lot of time, you can make your own beautiful shades of deep dark brown to black ink for your next drawing, calligraphy, or wood craft project.
Simply gather walnuts from a black walnut tree and let them sit in a pot of water outside (be sure to have a tightly secured lid or animals will get into it). Let them sit for a few weeks to a few months until the husks are soft, rotten, and black.
Using an old pot that you no longer use for cooking food, cover walnuts with enough water and let simmer for eight hours. Strain through muslin cloth, let sit for a day, and simmer again for eight hours or until desired shade of color has been reached.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades