Using an empty Gatorade bottle, empty 5 oz. food container, power drill, string, and some red nail polish, you can easily construct your own DIY hummingbird feeder in less than 10 minutes to attract hummingbirds to your own backyard garden.
The bottle serves as a vessel for the hummingbird nectar and the container lid serves as a landing strip, where the hummingbirds can lap nectar from small holes drilled on the edges of the plastic lid.
To make your own hummingbird nectar, simply boil water and combine 1 part sugar with 4 parts water. Let cool and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Contrary to popular belief, red food coloring is not necessary for making your hummingbird nectar, which can be disruptive to the hummingbirds' digestive system. Adding red colors around and near the nectar holes on the feeder is enough to attract hummingbirds to your feeder.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades