When it is too hot to use an oven but you want to have a dessert for a summer party, you can very easily make your own no-bake cake out of watermelon, whipped cream, chopped almonds, and fresh fruit.
Simply slice off the top and bottom of a mini seedless watermelon so that it can rest on a flat surface. Cut off the rinds on the sides and then set the watermelon "cake" on the plate you will be serving.
Using a spatula, coat the top and sides of the watermelon with whipped cream, and then coat the sides with chopped, slivered almonds. Garnish the top side with fresh fruit of your choice and serve by slicing as you would a regular cake. For maximum effect, keep the watermelon inside as a surprise.
For another variation on the watermelon cake, see Food Hacks.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades