Build up your arm strength and beautify your local community in a single stroke by dropping homemade seed bombs in and around your neighborhood. A guerrilla gardening technique anyone can participate in, seed bombing is a fun and effective way to add tiny oases of wildflowers and healthy green plants in vacant lots and other overlooked and neglected parcels of land.
Seed bomb assemblage is quite simple. After soaking your seeds overnight, mix together five parts clay with one part compost and one part seeds. Make sure the seeds are native to the area, as you do not want your seedlings to upset your local ecosystem. Knead together with a little water and then roll up the mixture into individual balls that fit within the palm of your hand. Allow for the balls to dry overnight.
The following day, throw your seed bombs into vacant lots, abandoned parcels of land, and anywhere with sufficient soil, moisture and sunlight that will coax your seed bomb into growing plants.
Got your own tips and techniques for making a seed bomb? Share with us.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades