Need to book a cheap airline ticket to go somewhere domestic? For the best deal possible, book your ticket six to seven weeks in advance of your departure date, and book your airline ticket on a Tuesday—specifically around 3 PM EST.
Other than that, the best way to book a cheap airline ticket is to be as flexible as possible and put up with a few more inconveniences than usual. Like waking up at the crack of dawn for your flight and flying out on a Tuesday or a Wednesday instead of a Friday. Or getting on a flight with one or even two connecting flights and mixing up airlines for your departing and returning flight.
Internet savviness also definitely helps when it comes to booking a cheap airline ticket. Use multiple travel search engines, scope out Twitter or Facebook for seasonal deals, and don't forget to check the actual airline website for hidden deals.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades