Want to protect your home from unlawful entry? You may not have the means to invest in an expensive alarm system, but you can definitely use cheap and practical methods around your home to deter burglars from breaking in when you're not home.
The best thing you can do is to make your home seem inhabited, even when you're only gone for a little bit. Turn on the radio and lights in one or two rooms and make sure mail does not pile up when you're on vacation. Also, make forced entry difficult by planting thorny bushes beneath ground windows, locking gates, and putting up a "Beware of Dog" sign.
- Don't Miss: 7 Methods for Concealing Valuable Items from Thieves
- Don't Miss: How to Pickpocket-Proof Yourself from Thieving Hands
By practicing basic and preventive home safety, you can assure that your home is a safe sanctuary and not a sweet spot for thieves to burglarize. Got your own tips for burglar-proofing your home? Share them in the comments below!
Click on image below to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades