If you're ever paranoid about locking yourself out of your house, the worst thing you can do is to hide your spare key in an obvious spot, like under the doormat, under a planter, or anywhere near the front door.
One of the most fool-proof ways to hide your keys is to give a copy to a trusted neighbor, family member, or friend who lives nearby. If that isn't possible, you can hide your spare key on the collar of your backyard dog or underneath a planter or door mat—but on a neighbor's front porch, not yours.
For a more DIY, crafty approach to hiding keys, you can create a decoy hiding place out of a real rock, super glue, and a prescription pill bottle. Simply glue the rock on top of the cap of a prescription bottle, place the key inside the bottle and bury it underground so that only the rock is sticking out.
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades