Do you hate giving up a big chunk of your paycheck every month to pay rent? It doesn't have to be this way.
Whether you decide to live the nomadic life in a van, volunteer on an organic farm, or live with a host family in another country for free in exchange for chores, living a rent-free life doesn't have to be such a castle in the sky.
You can couch-surf from city to city, or even country to country, via couchsurfing.org, and you can house-sit or find work abroad that gives you accommodation in exchange for your labor. If you want to stay in your neck of the woods, you can look for roommate-bartering situations where you can "pay" for your rent through housework and chores instead of your own savings.
And if you're already living a rent-free life with your parents, there is no shame in that: almost one-third of all 25 to 34-year-olds in America share this experience.
Got your own experiences with living a rent-free (or almost rent-free) life? Do you have advice for people who wish to live in a yurt? Share with us by commenting below!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades