Feeling like you're trapped in a creative rut? Try painting the walls of your room blue and dimming the lights. Studies have shown that blue-colored walls and dim lighting are conducive for creating a creatively stimulating environment.
If finding a blue-colored room is too much of a hassle, try working in a cafe with background noise and finding funny YouTube videos, as laughter can help clear your mind from the anxiety of being creatively stuck.
On a more abstract level, work with creative restrictions and try reframing or recontextualizing your creative problem to see things from a fresh perspective that can unlock some new ideas.
Got your own favorite tricks for getting out of a creative rut? Share with us!
Click on image to enlarge.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades